Getting compensation for a Slip and Fall accident
A slip and fall is a serious matter that can cause severe injuries. Slip and fall accidents often result in sprained ankles or wrists, shoulder or neck injuries, cuts, back pain, and spinal cord injuries. When someone else’s negligence caused your slip and fall injury, the property owner may be legally responsible for the accident. You have the legal right to file a claim for compensation against the property owner.
Slip and Fall Lawyer are available to help people injured by these falls, by filing a personal injury lawsuit. For more information on injuries caused by slips, falls, falls on ice, trips on stairs or accidents on wet surfaces, have your slip and fall lawyer reach out to your insurance company. Insurance companies, in some cases reimburse the medical expenses if their client had no negligence.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Every year, thousands of people receive emergency medical care because of slip and fall accidents. Serious slip and fall injuries can also result in death. Here are some common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Poorly maintained walkways and stairways
- Damaged or uneven floorboards
- Rain and weather can also contribute to dangerous walking conditions
- Parking lot potholes
- Cluttered walkways, stairs, or floors
- Rough or poorly maintained carpets
- Wet and uneven sidewalks
- Slippery floors
Where do most slip and fall accidents occur?
A slip and fall can occur almost anywhere property owners fail to properly maintain the premises. These may include entryways, walkways, and other common areas. Here are some common areas where these types of accidents occur:
- Grocery and retail stores – Slips and falls occur commonly at grocery stores. Uncleaned spills without warning signs are common at these locations.
- Pre-schools, schools, and universities – Educational institutions should be properly maintained and should take proper safety measures for students and staff. Maintenance problems are common at educational institutions because of the amount of people that share space. A slippery walking surface can lead to severe slip and fall injuries. You may be able to recover compensation for injuries and other damages if your child gets injured at school or a university due to lack of proper maintenance.
- Restaurant – These are a hotbed for slip and fall accidents. Spilled drinks on the floor, spattered grease, and wet bathroom floors can also lead to slip and fall accidents.
- Parking lots – Parking locations are another common location for slip and fall injuries due to uneven floors, construction, ice and snow accumulation, or poor lighting.
- Escalators and elevators – Malfunctioning or poorly maintained escalators and elevators could lead to trips, slips, and falls.
- Workplace – Slip and fall accidents are common at the workplace. Manufacturing and construction sites are some of the most dangerous areas that can lead to slip and fall accidents because of the hazardous nature of the work involved at these locations.
What kind of damages can I recover?
You deserve maximum compensation when someone else’s negligence is responsible for the accident. Here are examples of damages that you can recover after a slip and fall accident:
- Current medical expenses related to treating injuries caused by the accident
- Current lost wages caused by slip and fall injuries
- Property damage for cell phones, clothing, or other valuables damaged as a result of the accident
- Future treatment costs
- Future lost income or earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Other types of expenses related to slip and falls
How long does it take to recover compensation?
The time it takes to recover compensation depends on the injuries involved and will vary from case to case. In serious cases, it can take as long as a year or more for a case to reach an outcome. The outcome will depend on the exact circumstances and severity of injuries involved in the case. You can receive assistance from a San Antonio Personal Injury lawyer to learn more about your legal options. Your attorney will help you get justice and fair compensation for your injuries.
Comments are closed.